- Technical Details
Maximum output of 2,300 lumens (2000 Lumens for Neutral Whitle) making the H2R the brightest single 18650 battery light.
Multiple use options including an easily detachable head strap mount turning it into a hand held light.
Rechargeable through OLIGHT's signature magnetic charging system.
Low battery warning. The light will blink once per minute when the battery is running low, and continuously blink twice when it is running out.
Slightly angled surface for the switch to locate it easily in the dark and promote more natural operation.
Gradual brightness changes. When turned on/off on medium, high, and turbo modes, it will light up or fade gradually to protect eyes from the stimulation caused by sudden brightness changes.
SOS mode available for emergency use.
|Beam Distance (ft)||501|
|Beam Distance (m)||153|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||2300|
|Charge type||Magnetic USB charge base|
|Compatible Batteries||Customised 18650|
|Light Intensity (candela)||5850|
|Light Form||Wide/broad hotspot. Perfect for up close illumination.|
|Lens / Reflector Type||TIR bead lens (wide/broad beam)|
|Mode Operation||Front Switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Medium size (Permanent Marker)|
|Series||Series H (Headlamps, Multitasking)|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||2300|
|Run-time LEVEL 1||2300 lumens(~750lm) - Cool White 1+110m|
|LEVEL 2 (lumens)||600|
|Run-time LEVEL 2||2h30m|
|LEVEL 3 (lumens)||150|
|Run-time LEVEL 3||10h|
|LEVEL 4 (lumens)||30|
|Run-time LEVEL 4||50h|
|LEVEL 5 (lumens)||1|
|Run-time LEVEL 5||45 days|
|SOS / BEACON||Yes|
|Weight (g / oz)||64 / 2.26|
|Length (mm / in)||110 / 4.33|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||25 / 0.95|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||23.2 / 0.91|
|Led||High performance LED|
|Packaging||Custom plastic enclosure.|
|Use||Everyday carry, car, camping, fishing, household, EDC, general use, fishing, climbing, cave exploration, outdoor activities, house activities|
- GoodThe magnetic and silicone clasp mounting base is really nice, definitely my favorite feature. It allows the light to me easily mounted on and off very quickly, but still held securely. The build quality is excellent as always with Olight products, the large button on top is very nice and easy to operate. The double bent clip is awesome as well, hope they would make one available for their regular 18650 flashlights. Overall this is a fantastic light for the money, better value than other competitors at the same price.
- GoodVery happy with the quality of this flashlight. I enjoy being able to use it with the headband as well as a compact yet very bright handheld. The battery life is great and the in-flashlight USB charging is very convenient. The Turbo mode has incredible brightness but only for 1 minute before it ramps down to 750 lumens, which is still quite bright.
- GoodI am a flashlight enthusiast, and the H2R Nova is by far, one of my favorite flashlights. It is small and portable, but powerful at the same time. The quality of the light impressed me, and it packs a couple cool features in it.
I would recommend this flashlight to people.
- GoodYup, Olight does it again. Great machining and easy to operate. The magnetic base makes it easy to tail stand while working in awkward positions in the car and plenty bright (which was kind of a problem with other flashlights). Good compromise with a wider beam profile (fresnel-like lens) so you're not trying to contort yourself in small places to see. The 2300 lumen mode is great to have in such a small package. Gets hot to hold after a while but not bad because it auto switches to a lower level. Olight doesn't say it (or recommend it probably) but their proprietary battery works great in my X7 Marauder too.
- GoodI received this as an additional item when I purchased a M20SX Javelot. That is an amazing flashlight for a different review.
The HR2 Nova works well in extreme cold weather. However while in -20’s the light the begins to strobe and stops when it is placed in a warmer environment.
Great light output and impressive beam. I used it on multiple contacts during traffic stops and received a couple complements on the brightness. I did recommend this light to a couple of coworkers. I would recommend this light to anyone that appreciates a quality light.
- GoodThis could be a 5 Star light. ADD both a 1000 and 300 lumen mode, along with a longer runtime turbo of say 1500 lumens for 3-5 minutes and you would have a winner. Turbo at 2000 lumens on Neutral white became too hot just after 9-10 seconds. NOT GOOD. Almost unusable and a peak lumen marketing gimmick. JUST MAKE A GREAT USER INTERFACE AND THAT WILL SELL ITSELF. Finish quality is really amazing. REV 2 COMING WHEN??
- GoodThe H2R Nova is by far my most used Olight, and I own several. I use this light every night when walking my German Shepherd. The ability to use it on low when getting up at night to switching it to high when outside is great. The output on Turbo is insane. It completely lights up my yard and beyond. The beam pattern is great for the kind of work it was designed for. Although this comes with both a headband and a clip, I use the headband all of the time. It is easy to recharge with the magnetic tail cap and the run time on it is VERY good. I only need to charge it twice per month, and I use it EVERY NIGHT, 7 days per week!
- GoodI love this light. I honestly take it with me everywhere now. Use almost nightly to walk the dog and since I got it there have been so many times used where it made life so much easier. Like the night I had new windows temporarily stored in the garage and had to run outside to cover my displaced tractor with plastic before a thunderstorm. I also use it for reading and just to brighten my work bench area. Hands free is bliss.
- Great!Great little all around light. Lights up my whole back yard. If you're looking for a do-it-all light, this is the light for you.
- Nice!THIS LIGHT IS FLIPPIN BRIGHT!! the #1 all around light IMO. If you could just choose one light, this is the light.
- Good!I use this for work everyday I do repair work in low light areas and this works great comfortable weather wearing a cap or not easy to adjust and turn on and off with gloves on and the battery life is incredible I recharge every other day thanks for a great tool that makes my life easier!