S1R Baton II
● 1,000-lumen output
● Body built for grip: Small squared texture milling for a perfect grip and feel
● Three-color power level indications to indicate the power levels
● The MCC charger is compatible with most of existing rechargeable flashlights and headlamps using this charging method
- Technical Details
The S1R Baton II is the second generation of Olights flagship rechargeable single CR123A/RCR123A powered side-switch EDC flashlight.
This extremely compact flashlight reaches an incredible max output of 1,000 lumens thanks to the included new high discharge rate battery.
The second-generation TIR optic lens pushes the beam to a new level with unmatched clarity and balanced hotspot.
The magnetic rechargeable tailcap is integrated into a unibody design for a more streamlined and refined look producing a smaller profile. while retaining the classic look of the Baton series, the S1R II features an articulate texturized body pattern that provides a great feel resulting in a firmer grip than the previous generation.
The side switch features a 3-stage color battery level indicator, so you know what battery percentage range you have left in real time.
The S1R II comes with an MCC 1A magnetic USB charging cable.
The S1R series is by far the most popular compact flashlight ever produced by Olight due to its incredible output, fantastic design, and convenient features. Get the ultimate every day carry flashlight.
|Beam Distance (ft)||476|
|Beam Distance (meters)||145|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||1000|
|Charge type||Magnetic USB charging|
|Light Intensity (candela)||5250|
|Light Form||Wide/Broad hotspot. Perfect for up close illumination.|
|Lens / Reflector Type||TIR reflector (big, defined wide hotspot)|
|Mode Operation||Side switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Small size|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||1000 to 300|
|Run-time LEVEL 1||1.5 + 37min|
|LEVEL 2 (lumens)||600 to 300|
|Run-time LEVEL 2||1.5 + 45min|
|LEVEL 3 (lumens)||60|
|Run-time LEVEL 3||3h40min|
|LEVEL 4 (lumens)||12|
|Run-time LEVEL 4||20h|
|LEVEL 5 (lumens)||0.5|
|Run-time LEVEL 5||8days|
|SOS / BEACON||No|
|Weight (g / oz)||51 / 1.8|
|Length (mm / in)||63 / 2.48|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||21 / 0.83|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||21 / 0.83|
|Packaging||Custom plastic enclosure.|
|Use||Everyday carry, key-chain, car, camping, fishing, household, EDC, general use|
- Great Lighti have the S1R Baton II Its a amazing light for its size. I EDC this light everyday and use it every day, one thing i have found if the black coating is coming off but i like it better,
- EDC for everything.I first purchased the S1R Baton I, loved it until I saw the S1R Baton II with 1,000 lumens and the magnetic charge that snaps to the light just by getting close to the cord on my desk. I use it everywhere, camping, inspections of homes, attics and crawls, even looking under the couch for missing grandkid toys. It just clips to my hat as a headlamp. The electronic button lock is perfect for making sure it doesn't come on in my pocket. It's so amazing I just put 4 more of them in my shopping cart for Christmas gifts for my boys.
- Actually a great, tiny, angry bright magnetic charger, personal lightI can't say I don't like anything about this thing. I got a batch of crap batteries because I didn't buy directly from Olight. Otherwise, I don't see myself running around without this thing in my pocket, ever. Charger is awesome, it finds the light, charges in a hurry, and is a dang good quality cable (from USB end to the quite angry mag end).
- Perfect EDC lightI've had my S1R2 for almost a year now and it's hands down my most used EDC tool. Long Alaskan winters need reliable lights. Between a rechargeable battery via tail-cap, 2 direction clip, user friendly UI, plenty bright for any task and small enough to fit in my coin/watch/flashlight pocket, it doesn't get much better. This is a perfect EDC light.
- My first OlightI've had a lot of other lights in the past, thrunite, nitecore, even an old foursevens quark pro.
None of them were as feature loaded and compact as the baton II, nor did they have the same level of lumens. I love the magnet charging system and the fact that the end of the light is magnetized so I can pop it on a metal surface to get my hands free.
- Best compact light I have ownedBrightest small light I have owned. Many well engineered features. My favorite carry light. You will not be disappointed in this purchase.
- Great EDC Flashlight.I am an admitted flashaholic and I have spent far too much on flashlights over the years. I am knowledgeable about a wide variety and about multiple brands of flashlights. I highly recommend the Olight S1R Baton II as a rugged and reliable every day carry flashlight. All Olights are well built lighting instruments and the S1R Baton II is no exception. This little powerhouse has all of the power that I need in every situation. I love the multiple lighting levels, the various flashing modes as well as the ability to recharge this light with the included magnetic USB tail cap charger. The turbo setting that outputs 1000 lumens is very impressive for a light of this compact size. If you are looking for a bright, rugged, reliable and versatile EDC light then this is the fine lighting instrument for you.
- Best EDC for this EngineerI have tried/carried numerous lights for my EDC as a manufacturing engineer. For troubleshooting, part inspection, and assisting maintenance on breakdowns this light excels. The build quality and machining rivals other big names. The interface and charging are great. My only regret was not buying this light sooner.
- S1R Baton III absolutely love these little stubby flashlights for edc. I have a few lager ones as well, but these are my favorites. I don’t go anywhere without one.
- Love/hate relationshipI personally love this little thing. I couldn't believe how bright it was once I first got it charged up. It's so light and compact that I can clip it the bill of my hat to go hands-free with out it being obtrusive. My wife on the other hand HATES it for the fact that I want to purchase several more!
- Almost perfectI was eager to get my hands on the new design s1r 2. My only complaint about the original s1r is the clip moving around makes it hard to find the button. I think Olight almost got it right on the s1r 2... but the s1r 2 doesn't index comfortably in the hand with the clip in the fixed position. If it was rotated 90° it would fit my hand much better. It's uncomfortable to operate the switch, basically pushing against the clip.
- AmazingPurchased this for my elderly mother and she loves it. Its light, compact and bright enough for when she needs it. I definitely plan to purchase a few more to have around the house.
- It should be a part of your pockeGreat light, my whole family like it. Every one try to grab it and keep in the pocket. I should and will buy more of Olight when comes next sale.
- Impressive for it's sizeI bought two in the tan color, love the color, so rich and vibrant, I mentioned it to several people, I know of at least one person, that followed my advice, so when Olight had their Baldr Pro bundles and seen that I could get two more in black, I went for it without hesitation, they will be added to my plate carriers and chest rig's. Keep up the good work Olight, my credit cards keep telling me no, but my mind keeps telling me yes.
- Great flashlight for EDCSmall compact with powerful punch anther awesome product.
- Best EDC Light!What not to love. Perfect amount of lumens, great size, easy to recharge. I've carried this everyday for over a year, love it.
- Very greatThe quality and craftsmanship of this light is unbelievable I am very happy with my purchase and shipping was fast
- VERY GOODA quick review. Yes, it really is that much brighter! And the beam pattern is so much better, it approaches the S10R optics. Still a cast lens and not a reflector.
The new LED in the pushbutton not only shows lockout and low -- now green/yellow/red for battery level. And I like the single turbo level, enough clicks!
The pocket clip is a bit unusual in that it clips in either direction without flipping it.
The charger is as slim and art-deco smooth as you can get.
Glad I bought the two-pack.
- PERFECTBest olight to date, hands down, no joke. I've had over 7 different models currently have 5 and this is just great. From the size, convenience of charging, the indicator light. I mean that alone had me sold, 1000 lumens and the great texture. This will be hard to beat, no complaints so far. A +++
- It is perfectWhat a great EDC light! It's small, lightweight, easy to carry (either lens up or down) and 1000 lumens bright. Coupled with the magnetic charger, it is perfect!
- very satisfyingGreat little light, awesome throw for the size. My new EDC light. I like that the design fits the rest of the lights I own, like my Marauder. It's nice to have the same interface across the lights that I use the most. Build quality is top notch, as expected. I just wish that the replacement batteries were available already.
- very satisfyingMy brother bought me this flashlight and I love this flashlight, compared to my nebo that uses 3 AAA batteries, I feel this one is brighter and lasts longer. The ability to recharge is a plus.
- very satisfyingI love this little thing. I use it often because it is easy to carry and rechargeable. The strobe mode is blinding.
- fantasticRidiculous amount of light out of such a small light (length of my pinky). Reasonable runtime for such a small battery. Fast charge time. Perfect gift for family members.
- fantasticGot this light on a sale. I think the normal price is just a smidge high but was very happy with the sale price. It is my EDC and it is fantastic! Love the different modes and it is stupid bright! How it charges is above any other light maker in my opinion. I will for sure get more when they are on sale again to stash them everywhere! Dang Olight taking all my $ haha
- very satisfyingI have been purchasing a wide variety of olights in the past year, especially in the past four months.. and I have to say, this model is one of my very favorites! I have one in each car and RV.. I find myself using it more and more as my Go To flashlight: first time I clipped to my baseball hat and hardly noticed it there, I was sold! It’s Amazingly bright. I’m buying them as Christmas presents for all my brothers and sisters this year!
- love this lightLove this light, feels good holding it, bright as heck too. Great pocket clip. I carried this everyday and use it many times. You wont be disappojnted.
- very satisfyingThis is my second baton. Have been carrying one as edc for awhile . Great little light . Don’t even realize I have it on me. Can put on bill of ball cap for hands free . So light , it doesn’t pull the brim down. Just a great all around light to have with you.
- Amazing qualityIve owned a few different lights of this size over the years but this is by far the best. Amazing quality that feels great in your hand, perfect size to throw in a pocket or small bag, and the light shines bright with plenty of adjustments. Strobe is also a nice feature. Couldn’t be happier with this.
- Best EDC light in the businessSwitched from my m2r Warrior. The m2r is a little big for pocket carry so I switched to the s1r ii. It is night and day smaller and lighter. It is less than ideal brightness to me because I switched from the m2r, However, everyone I've shown the light is astounded at the brightness. Definitely adequate for EDC. Moonlight mood is super useful and recharging is the best system I've seen. We'll done olight.
- Great light that's easy to useI have been quite pleased with my purchase. My S1R II Baton is super compact and plenty bright both inside and out. The machining is top notch and the aircraft grade aluminum feels robust enough for some serious use. It is also quite fast to charge taking less than an hour from a fully depleted battery.The only cons I would say about the light are: 1. The medium is only 60lm (3hr 40min runtime) and I would've preferred a higher mid level brightness setting (even if the runtime was lower). 2. The beam is "warmer" than comparable flashlights lending itself to a kind of greenish tinge (very minimal). Another point of note is Olight's customer service. They are excellent and work hard to ensure that any customer concerns are dealt with satisfactorily.